B.E, M.Tech, Ph.D
Director & Principal, PES School of Engineering, Bangalore. July 2005 – Till date
- Senior Software Engineer/Technical Manager – Motorola CorTech , iDEN Advance Technology Group, Plantation, FL. Feb 2004 – June 2005
- Technical lead in developing a virtual platform for simulating and modeling iDEN next generation cellphones to enable reduction in design cycle time. Tasks involved development, leading a group of 18 technical members, and coordinating work with two 3rd party groups. Contributions include developing the Statement Of Work for the project, developing IP modules at high level of abstraction, Verification and System Integration. The project was successfully implemented ahead of schedule aiding in reduction of over 10% of total design cycle time of next generation cellphone being developed. Successfully showcased many usecases including the dual processor based cellphone bootup sequence for WinCE and Linux. Presented and demoed internally at the Motorola – QTIPS’04.
- Research Assistant - Motorola, Inc., iDEN Subscriber Group, Ft. Lauderdale, FL: May 2003 – Dec 2003
- Key contributor in developing SystemC based methodology for Hardware Software co-design of Embedded Systems.
- Senior Member of Technical Staff, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., San Jose, CA: Jan 2002 – Feb 2003
- Developed the complete Test plan and execution for the testing of Arm Design Kit(ADK) and ISS integration. Reported, Tested and Verified bugs using PCR system.
- Worked on LDV4.2 (NC-SC) project in Systems Design and Verification group. Was involved in developing SystemC based model at different levels of abstractions for demo reference design.
- Developed and delivered SystemC Quick-start workshop for R&D group at Cadence.
- Developed training material for Educational Services on Virtual Component Co-design (VCC).
- Developed and delivered a 1 day workshop on VCC at Motorola, Plantation, Florida. Summer Intern, Cadence Design Systems, Inc., San Jose, CA: May 2001 – Aug 2001
- Using Virtual Processor Modeling (VPM) technique studied Software Estimation of MPC555 processor. Developed C++ code for the same.
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida Teaching Assistant, Department of Computer Science & Engineering: Aug 1999 – Dec 2003
- Offered undergraduate courses in CAD Based Computer Design, VLSI Design, Data Structures & Algorithms, Introduction to MicroComputers (Motorola 68000), Foundations of Computer Science
- Offered a course on Software Hardware Co-design using VCC for both graduate and under-graduate students jointly with Prof. Ravi Shankar.
- Co-authored two NSF project proposals with Prof. Ravi Shankar, FAU, USA
- Bangalore University, Bangalore, and Visvesvaraya Technological University, India
- Professor (On Study Leave), P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore July 1999 – June 2005
- Assistant Professor, P E S Institute of Technology, Bangalore : Aug 1993 – July 1999
- Lecturer, D S College of Engineering, Bangalore : April 1989 - July 1993
- Offered various Computer Science & Engineering courses at both graduate and under-graduate level
System level design methodologies
Hardware Software Co-design
Embedded System Design
Power Optimal Design
Advanced Programming Methodologies.